- Aaron wakes up sometime in the 8 o'clock hour. I nurse him and change his diaper. We both usually stay in our pj's until noonish though!
- Then it's time to work on our words - we watch "Your Baby Can Read" together and act out the words on the screen.
- After that it's play time. I usually set him up down in the living room with some toys and clean up the kitchen/make myself some breakfast while he plays. I eat my breakfast down in the living room and then play with him on our tummies. (Sometimes I feed him solids up in his highchair but lately he won't eat lunch if I do that.) We also play with our flashcards.
- In the 10 o'clock hour I lay him down for his nap which can last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. During that time I try to get stuff done around the house such as cleaning up/laundry/pay bills/.
- When he wakes up we do the same nurse then play routine only this time I also put him in the highchair and feed him solids. When he's done eating we might read a book, play, or chill in the office with him in the play pin while I piddle on the computer.
- Then it's off to my good friend Esther's house to hang out and help as we can, sometime in the 1 o'clock hour. (Esther is very close to her due date now!) Aaron jumps in their jumper, plays with the kids, or takes a nap in his carrier. His afternoon nap varies but is usually spent in his carrier unless he naps at Nanny/Grandmas.
- Around 3:30 it's time for the gym. We go to either Nanny's or Grandma's so they can have an Aaron fix and I can go sweat. (I usually have to nurse around then too.) I go to a 4:30 class and by the time I get Aaron picked back up and get home, it's around 6:00.
- I keep Aaron occupied in the Exersaucer or downstairs while I cook dinner. Then we eat, hopefully with John if he's home from clinicals/school/work.
- After dinner either John or I give Aaron a bath and get him ready for bed. Sometimes we read a book. (I'd like to do that more often.)
- I nurse him one more time before bed. We like to start our bedtime routine around 7:00 so he's asleep before 8.
- After he's asleep I clean the kitchen or do a load of laundry or just play on the computer until bed.
I recently blogged about my addiction to Netflix. I was in the habit of watching TV during Aaron's morning naps and wasn't getting anything done! This week I vowed not to watch TV at all except for Heroes in bed with John before we go to sleep. I'm hoping I can be more productive!
That's our life in a nutshell right now. John has long clinical hours but on the day's he doesn't have clinicals he gets home at a decent time - 4:30 or so. Sometimes I meet him at the gym.
Kind of looks boring I guess but I love it!