Sweet Spring

Bring on the 70 degree weather!!  Today was one of those days where it just didn't make sense to spend it inside.  It was quite an adventurous kind of day to say the least!

This morning I took the kids to the YMCA while I attended a silly training class.  They had a nutrition demo going on so the boys got to dress up in hats and aprons and make granola.

Next up, off to "ride the choo choo" near Daddy's work!  The W Line on the Denver light rail system opened up this weekend and today was the grand opening so they offered free rides.  Plus there were "parties" at each stop.  The stop closet to us is at the Federal Center which is right next to St. Anthony's Hospital where John works.  There was a big health and safety fair going on in addition to the crazy rail line stuff.  So like the adventurous mom that I am, I decided to give it a go.  We showed up without a stroller because I didn't want to lug it on the light rail.  The kids spotted the bounce houses first and it was all over after that!  No other booths could be visited until we hit up the bounce house slides.  We did manage to make it over to the fire fighters booth after so the kids could get their fire hats and wear REAL fireman jackets.  Too cool.

They could not handle the suspense of riding the choo choo so we headed over to the depot.  It only took about 5 min to wait for the next ride and load up.  It was PACKED!  We sat next to a gentleman who had the window seat and both kids sat on each of my knees as we rode.  They thought it was pretty neat and we even had time to enjoy a snack while we rode.  Then we hit the end of the line, Golden.  My plan was to stay on the train and ride it back right?  They made us ALL get off the train and then directed us to a line that was 2 hours long to board to go back.  CRAZY!  So, no stroller, no lunch, no drinks, no cash...  hmm....  I ended up following a group of people who were headed to a different depot.  They were going to walk a few miles to get there.  So I stuck Ethan on my shoulders and grabbed Aaron's hand tight.  I was in flats.  Pretty flats that were not meant to walk in very far.  After about 15 minutes I realized this was a mistake.  The sidewalk had ended and now we were all walking on the side of 6th.  Yeah, the HIGHWAY.  Matt to the rescue!!!!!!!!  Uncle Matt came and picked us up and took us back to our car.  Whew!  Despite my small scare, the kids were none the wiser and thought the whole thing was fun.  The timing was perfect and we ended up eating lunch with John at the hospital.  Bonus!

What's up with these thumb suckers?  One of them is just being goofy...

After naps we decided a bike ride was in order.  These boys are getting so big!!!  Like really big - and heavy!  It's getting harder to tow them both.  One sits in the seat behind me and the other in the bike trailer.  Snacks, drink, and blankies packed we were off.  Our destination?  The neighborhood school playground.  This is where the fun REALLY starts!  Aaron found these parallel bars that I, for the life of me, could not figure out.  But Aaron found many purposes for it.  And he showed bubs too.  I got some great pics but just watch the video.  Ethan is determined to learn everything he can from Aaron.  He's not a quitter!  And he has almost zero fear.  SCARY!

Here's the video!

After tiring of climbing, scratch that, after AARON got tired of climbing we switched gears and busted out our kite.  A few weeks ago the kids and I went to a kite making class at the Y.  We built a neat little kite and have not really taken it out much.  Today the wind was perfect.  Both boys flew the kite and not just a little - they let that string out and FLEW THE KITE!  It was awesome.

I would do a do over of this day only if it could be exactly the same.  Such a great day.  The kids played in the backyard when we got home while I made dinner and cleaned up a little.  I love our dirty, adventurous, little boys.


Post a Comment